Photographer Ben Cooper took this photo of a Delta 4-Heavy rocket launching at Cape Canaveral using a sound-activated camera. And when your camera is that close to a launch, your lens probably won’t survive.
The particular setup for this was sound activated. The lens was destroyed (worth it of course) but the camera survived this one despite being severed from its ratchet straps and thrown to the ground, and the sound device used for this one disconnected from the camera and thrown about 200 feet backwards into the pad perimeter fence (still worked!). All settings are preset manually. No one is allowed closer than several miles from a launch.
- bryanchristmas reblogged this from mackenzie
- words-and-pics likes this
- astronautjimblows reblogged this from lostineasterntime
- kylehodges reblogged this from mackenzie
- perzadook reblogged this from mackenzie
- dallas likes this
- jstn likes this
- mattflowers likes this
- drjamie reblogged this from my-favourite-aphorism
- tmpi likes this
- apdee reblogged this from lostineasterntime
- apdee likes this
- my-favourite-aphorism reblogged this from lostineasterntime
- lostineasterntime posted this